Terms and Conditions
Please note the Terms and Conditions outlined below are in effect from 01 March 2022. All participation in the Celebrity Rewards Program is regulated by these Terms and Conditions and users must adhere to these as outlined and which may be updated from time to time without notice.
The Celebrity Rewards Program is sponsored by RCL Cruises Ltd trading as Celebrity Cruises (ABN 54 150 263 086) with registered office address at Level 12, 157 Walker St, North Sydney, Australia 2060 (hereinafter “Celebrity Cruises“).
The Program administrator is Motivforce Marketing & Incentives (MMI) Ltd trading as MMI (company number 27 154 387 523) whose registered office is at PO Box K500, Haymarket, Sydney NSW 1240, Australia (hereinafter “Program Administrator“).
Celebrity Rewards is a retail travel agent loyalty Program that has been specifically designed to reward retail travel agents for making sales of Celebrity Cruises branded cruise holidays. The scheme enables Participants to earn points against Celebrity Cruises bookings they make, which can then be spent on rewards from the Celebrity Rewards Catalogue subject to the rules of participation set out in these Terms and Conditions.
The following definitions apply to the Program:
Account Balance – the points associated with a Registered Participant as recorded on the Celebrity Rewards Website as a Redeemable Points Balance.
Approved Travel Agency – Australia and New Zealand based retail travel agencies authorised by Celebrity Cruises to promote and sell Celebrity Cruises branded cruise package holidays and registered on the RCL Cruises Agency Database.
Booking Data – Bookings and sales figures received by Celebrity Cruises and converted to points on the Program website for the purposes of Celebrity Rewards.
Celebrity Rewards Catalogue – the rewards that are available on the Celebrity Rewards Website subject to a Registered Participant having a sufficient number of Redeemable Points to purchase.
Core Points – The base points calculated on the cruise fare element of an applicable booking. Core points do not include points for any additional point earning incentives. A summary of core points earnings can be found on the ‘Point Earning Cruises’ page on the Celebrity Rewards Website.
Participants – a retail employee or self-employed owner of an Approved Retail Travel Agency who at all times meet the criteria specified in the ‘Participation & Registration’ Section. Participants must be individuals and not corporate entities or partnerships.
Redeemable Points Balance – the total number of points that have been earned by a Registered Participant and which may be converted by a Registered Participant immediately into rewards from the Celebrity Rewards Catalogue subject to meeting the minimum points requirement for such reward.
Registered Participant – a Participant that has successfully registered with the Rewards Program in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Rewards Catalogue – Online catalogue listing rewards available for redemption through participating in Celebrity Rewards.
Rewards Program – means the benefits Program made available by Celebrity Cruises for the benefit of trade partner agents on the Celebrity Rewards Website.
Celebrity Rewards Website – means the Celebrity Rewards Program Website, accessed via The Celebrity Commitment at www.thecelebritycommitment.com.au or thecelebritycommitment.co.nz.
Program Terms and Conditions
- Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to vary or withdraw the Rewards Program at any time by giving a minimum of 90 days’ notice to Rewards Program Registered Participants of any variations in terms or withdrawal of the Reward Scheme (excluding points associated with any rewards or rewards made available to Registered Participants which may be varied at any time at the discretion of the Program Administrator or Celebrity Cruises), such notice to be despatched to Registered Participants by email to their registered email address. Variations to terms will also be set out herein from the effective date of such change and shall be binding on all Participants from that date. On the effective date of termination of the Rewards Program all unused benefits will immediately expire.
- Participation in the Program is subject to these Terms and Conditions. By applying to participate in the Program, applicants agree to be bound by all the Rewards Program Terms and Conditions from time to time in force and failure to comply with these rules, including any abuse of the reward earning criteria or any misrepresentation of information to the Program Administrator, will result in termination of membership in the Program.
- Celebrity Cruises takes all reasonable care to ensure that any information contained in these Terms and Conditions and in any publication in association with the Program is accurate, but does not accept liability with respect to any errors or omissions in any information, whether written or verbal.
- Celebrity Cruises decision on all matters pertaining to the Program is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- It is the responsibility of the Participant to keep any change in address, change of contact details, or change of employer updated on their profile on The Celebrity Commitment on www.thecelebritycommitment.com.au or thecelebritycommitment.co.nz.
Participation & Registration
- To participate in the Rewards Program, you must:
- Formally register as an individual user on www.thecelebritycommitment.com.au or thecelebritycommitment.co.nz to ensure they have a log-in and password for The Celebrity Commitment;
- Accept the Terms and Conditions of the Rewards Program;
- At all times remain an employee or self-employed owner of an Approved Retail Travel Agency. For the avoidance of doubt, Celebrity Cruises shall have no liability to Registered Participants where, for whatever reason, an Approved Retail Travel Agency ceases to qualify as an Approved Travel Agency or the individual leaves the employ of an Approved Retail Travel Agency. In such circumstances RCL shall suspend such Participant’s account without liability to the Participant. RCL will however permit the Participant to utilise any points accrued up to that time in accordance with the terms of the Rewards Program for a period of six months;
- Be permitted to participate at all times in the Rewards Program by their employer Approved Retail Travel Agency. In the event that an Approved Retail Travel Agency advises Celebrity Cruises at any time that it does not agree to the participation of any Registered Participants in the Rewards Program that are employees of the Approved Retail Travel Agency, Celebrity Cruises shall suspend such Participant’s account without liability to the Participant. RCL will however permit the Participant to utilise any points accrued up to that time in accordance with the terms of this Rewards Program for a period of six months; and
- Be at least 18 years of age and resident in Australia or New Zealand at the time of registration.
- It is the Registered Participant’s responsibility to keep passwords and username details secret. Celebrity Cruises shall accept no responsibility for any loss suffered by Registered Participants where such loss is attributed to a failure by Participants to maintain account security.
Celebrity Rewards Trade Loyalty Program
- You must at all times be a Registered Participant to be eligible to earn rewards under the Program. You must be registered with Celebrity Rewards prior to making a booking in order to claim your booking(s) and to be awarded points.
- Participants will earn and receive reward points by selling Celebrity Cruises products and claiming their retail bookings through the Celebrity Rewards Website. Points value of any booking is based on the stateroom category booked. Details of point values can be found on the ‘Point Earning Cruises’ page on the Celebrity Rewards Website.
- Additional point earning activities including brand driven incentives and promotions may be run through the Rewards Program on a periodic basis and will be communicated to all Registered Participants via email. Additional point earning incentives will have their own Terms and Conditions and may have additional eligibility booking criteria. Bookings made on Interline rates are not eligible to claim through brand driven incentives and promotions. Full Terms and Conditions for incentives can be found on the ‘Promotions’ page on the Celebrity Rewards Website.
- Individual points awarded and/or the activities of Registered Participants may be subject to random audit procedures at the discretion of the Program Administrator during or subsequent to the completion of the Rewards Program. In the event of any suspected irregularities, misuse or fraud, Celebrity Cruises shall be entitled and, where verified, terminate a Registered Participant’s membership of this Rewards Program without any liability whatsoever.
- No pooling of points will be accepted and any Registered Participants who are found to be pooling points will have all Redeemable Points removed from their Account Balance and dissolved and their participation in the Celebrity Rewards Program will be immediately terminated. For the avoidance of doubt, Registered Participants can only register bookings they have taken personally.
- Points will not be awarded for tour operator net rate bookings, charter or incentive group bookings, for travel agency rate bookings and non-revenue competition winner bookings, casino future cruise bookings, auctioned rate cruises or for complimentary stateroom bookings. Any ‘Cruise Later’ booking references created onboard our ships cannot be captured within the Celebrity Rewards reports and therefore these bookings are not eligible for any points. We do however offer points on ‘Cruise Now’ bookings made onboard and these should appear on the weekly bookings update under ‘My Bookings’. Onboard bookings must be booked under the correct agency reference at the time of the booking being made. If onboard bookings are made that are not tied to the correct agency reference and subsequently transferred, these bookings will not be captured on the Celebrity Rewards reports and are therefore not eligible for any points.
- Non-contracted Group bookings that have been named and deposited are eligible to earn Celebrity Rewards points. Group bookings will be uploaded to the Celebrity Rewards Website once a week and participants will have 60 days to claim the Group booking.
- Bookings data for the Registered Participant’s agency for the previous week of sales will be uploaded to the Celebrity Rewards Website by 9:00 AEST each Wednesday.
- It is the Participant’s responsibility to log on to the Celebrity Rewards Website to claim the bookings they have individually made in order for the associated reward points to be awarded to their Account Balances. Bookings must be claimed via the Celebrity Rewards Website within 60 days from the date that they were created. After 60 days, the bookings data will be removed and no longer able to be claimed.
- Registered Participants will automatically receive 100% of the points attributed to the booking, based on the point values by stateroom category booked into their Redeemable Points Balance once the booking has been claimed.
- If a Registered Participant claims a booking that they do not own in error, they must email the Celebrity Rewards Help Desk via Contact Us on the Celebrity Rewards Website with details of the booking, including booking reference number and date of booking, in order for the claim to be reversed. The Redeemable Points received for the booking claimed in error will immediately be deducted from the Registered Participants Redeemable Points balance.
- If a booking which a Registered Participant has claimed and earned Redeemable Points for subsequently cancels, the amount of points originally awarded for that booking will be deducted from the Participant’s Account Balance, even if the Redeemable Points have already been spent on rewards or that results in a negative balance. Participants can view bookings with a ‘Cancelled’ status at any time on their ‘Account Summary’ page on the Celebrity Rewards Website.
- Redeemable Points earned in the Rewards Program have a 2-year validity period, unless Celebrity Cruises terminates the Rewards Program or a Registered Participant has been inactive for 6 months or more. “Inactive“ for the purpose of this section means not having made a redemption, claimed a booking or completed the required e-learning modules.
- Any point discrepancies need to be directed to the Celebrity Rewards Help Desk via Contact Us on the Celebrity Rewards Website with the detail and nature of the discrepancy. Please allow 48 hours for the Help Desk to respond to or resolve a query.
- Points earned by a Registered Participant are individually owned by them. Earned points are points that have a ‘Redeemable’ status. Should a Registered Participant change employers but remain within an Approved Travel Agency, they will retain all their currently earned Redeemable Points within their Account Balance. Any sales that have not been claimed by the Participant by the last date of employment with their original employer, will be retained by the original travel agency with which the booking was made.
- To participate in the Rewards Program, all Registered Participants agree to accept the condition that points can only be awarded to the individual Registered Participant of an Approved Travel Agency who made the booking. In the event that it is established that a Registered Participant has claimed a booking that belongs to a different Registered Participant, Celebrity Cruises shall have the right to suspend or exclude the Registered Participant from the Rewards Program at its absolute discretion and/or the loss of any accrued points or benefits in their Account Balance.
- All rewards are subject to availability and the Program Administrator and Celebrity Cruises do not guarantee or warrant in any way that the rewards offered under the Program will be available. In the event that an advertised reward is not available, a suitable substitute of equivalent function or value will be made. Images used in the catalogue are used to illustrate a product category therefore the actual models delivered may not match the image exactly.
- Please allow up to 21 working days for verification of claims and delivery of rewards. No orders can be guaranteed for Christmas delivery if ordered after 1st December.
- Participants must indicate an Australia or New Zealand delivery address (depending on where they reside) for each reward redemption and ensure that a nominated representative is available to sign for the delivery of the reward. If a redemption does not include a nominated person to sign for the reward or the person is not present to sign for the reward, the reward will not be delivered or processed.
- If an item arrives damaged please report it immediately to Celebrity Rewards Help Desk via Contact Us on the Celebrity Rewards Website, where a consultant will arrange for the item to be repaired or replaced.
- Rewards cannot be converted into cash and are not transferable.
- Celebrity Cruises and the Program Administrator shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of a travel reward or as result of rewards claimed, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. This provision does not in any way seek to exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Celebrity Cruises and/or the Program Administrator or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Registered Participants shall be responsible for the payment of any taxes owing on any rewards they receive under the Rewards Program.
- Any cruise utilised by a Registered Participant under this Rewards Program are bound by the Terms and Conditions of Celebrity Cruises that will be enforced from time to time. For Australia based participants see celebritycruises.com/au and for New Zealand see celebritycruises.com/nz.
- The Program Administrator’s decision on reward allocation is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In relation to the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions and any phrases in this Program, the decision of the Program Administrator is final.
- Failure of a Registered Participant to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in the termination of a Registered Participant’s involvement in the Program. All decisions by Celebrity Cruises are final.
- Any tampering with the Celebrity Rewards Website such as modifying, adapting, translating or reverse engineering any portion of the website will result in instant dismissal from the Rewards Program and financial penalties may be incurred by the offender.
- A Registered Participant may terminate their participation in the Program by providing notice in writing to the Program Administrator at the Celebrity Rewards Help Desk via Contact Us on the Celebrity Rewards Website.
- You agree by participating in the Rewards Program that Celebrity Cruises and the Program Administrator shall be permitted to share personal information with each other relating to Registered Participants for the purpose of administering the Program.
- You further agree that the Program Administrator shall be permitted to share your personal details with third party suppliers of goods and services for the purpose of arranging delivery of rewards.
- You also agree that the Program Administrator shall further be permitted to use unidentifiable aggregate data for the purpose of obtaining statistical data relating to all aspects of the Rewards Program and shall be permitted to share such information with Celebrity Cruises. You further agree that by registering for this Rewards Program that we may contact you from time to time by email to update you on rewards, points and promotions.
- Any personal information you provide through the Celebrity Rewards Website shall be stored on secure servers located within the United Kingdom.
- Celebrity Cruises and Motivforce Marketing & Incentives both shall comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 in the treatment of your personal information.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions of the Celebrity Rewards Program shall be governed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and the courts of New South Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute relating to the Rewards Program.